The Steel Wall is Here!
“The Steel Wall” is the long awaited sequel to my previous book, From Woodstock to Eternity. In that book, after a long walk on the wild side, Dustin Morgan is enjoying a comfortable life as a Christian family man, flying for a commuter airline. But one day, taxiing in from an early morning flight, two police cars greet him, waiting for him on the ramp. The passengers disembark, the captain leaves the airplane, and an airport police officer comes up the stairs and into the cabin. He looks at Morgan and says, “Are you Dustin Morgan?” And then the book ends! No fair, right?
The Steel Wall Book Launch
Well, I have good news. After three years of writing this book, “The Steel Wall” book launch is finally here and it will be published soon. After one more proof read (there’s always one more), I will release it on Kindle Direct in both paperback and Kindle editions. I am looking at a target date of October 7, 2021.
What Happened to Dustin Morgan?
I received a lot of flack from friends and readers who felt I had cheated them on the cliff hanger ending in “From Woodstock to Eternity”. They wanted to know what happened to Dustin Morgan! In this sequel, “The Steel Wall” picks up where that book left off. It shows through gripping adventure and drama the events that led up to Dustin Morgan’s arrest. During the trial, the drama is no less intense, only now it is in the spiritual realm which ultimately affects the physical realm. The long arm of the law has reached out of the past, and Dustin must make a choice. The key lies in finding out God’s direction for him.
Old Ways Against New Ways
For a sample of what From Woodstock to Eternity was all about, check out my blog, “You Get Tired of Steak.” This post shows we are hard wired to hang onto our opinions and impressions of how things should be. This is counter productive, because it obstructs our ability to change. “The Steel Wall” expands on this concept, pitting old ways against new ways and old loyalties against new loyalties.
Why Should You Read The Steel Wall?
- The action is extremely entertaining, taking you through real life action that leads to a critical trial. It is based on a true story.
- You get a “behind the scenes” look at the drug smuggling world in the 1980’s and the challenges that realm presented to law enforcement.
- The story gives you both sides, detailing the points of view of the smuggling culture and the agents charged with catching them.
- It reveals why people don’t always get the results they prayed for. We miss out on God’s blessings because we don’t know God’s eternal perspective or how God works.
- The struggle between right and wrong goes deeper – to the point of life and death.
- “The Steel Wall” shows God in action through Dustin’s obedience, and the blessings that followed.
I hope you will all enjoy my new book. I will post again when it is available on Amazon.
Blessings to all!